Tuesday, May 18, 2010

So Blessed


On May 1st my 89 year old grandmother passed away. Her body had been going for a while but it was still unexpected when she passed. She went peaceful and surrounded by the ones that loved her most. I titled this post "So Blessed" because when thinking about Mam-Maw, that is how each of my thought begin.

So Blessed
... that she moved to Birmingham for the last years of her life and I got to see her more.
... that she got to meet and interact with my children.
... that my son will always carry her memory with his name, Branning, as it is her maiden name.
... that there is no doubt in my mind that she is heaven rejoicing with Pap Paw. She love the lord and some of my favorite memories of her are when she use to bust out randomly singing hymns.

Though the sadness remains and will for a couple of weeks, I know that she is enjoying rejoicing in heaven with a pain free body.

Bryson put it in to perspective of me with this conversation:

Bryson: "Mom, why are you crying?"
Me: Explain what has happened and closing with the statement "Mam Maw is in Heaven"
Bryson: "Don't be sad mom, now she can help God make the thunder, and clouds, and lightning, and sun." Then after a few minutes of thinking, "but she wouldn't make a lot of thunder because she knows I;m scared.

Oh..to think like a child.

No comments: